Friday, December 11, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

I hate Hershey Kisses. I would rather have no chocolate than eat a Hershey Kiss. However, sometimes they taste good in cookies. When I was at the store I saw a display of Hershey Kisses in about 15 different flavors, and I thought " I bet one of these would be good on a cookie". Picking the flavor was the hardest. I personally wanted the dark chocolate kisses, but that is kind of boring. Then I thought caramel would be good, but I have already done a lot with caramel. I have made these cookies with the meltaway kisses before, and they were amazing, but I wanted to try something different. So, I chose the festive candy cane kisses! This is such a sacrifice on my part because not only do I not like Hershey Kisses, I also do not like candy canes. But, these cookies are cute, and they actually taste pretty good!


For the cookie part of this recipe I used the dough from my amazing chocolate chip cookies!




Candy Cane Kiss Cookies

2 ½ cup flour

1  tsp baking soda

1  tsp salt

1 c butter flavored shortening

¾ c granulated sugar

1 c brown sugar, packed

1 TBSP vanilla

2 eggs

1 package of candy cane Hershey Kisses (or any flavor that tickles your fancy)

Pre-heat 375. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt, mix well and set aside. In another larger bowl, cream together shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until combined. Then, add in flour mixture and mix by hand until all combined. Bake from 9-11 minutes. As soon as you pull the cookies out of the oven, squish a kiss right in the middle! Let the kiss re-harden before you attempt to move the cookies, or the chocolate will run.



No comments:

Post a Comment