Thursday, December 3, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles

I found this recipe on My Kitchen Cafe. It caught my eye because it looked simple to make and delicious to eat! I did double the recipe, which was very easy. Also, I mixed a little cinnamon and sugar in the cocoa for half of the truffles, and they turned out great!




Chocolate Cream Cheese Truffles
Makes about 16 truffles

1 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
4 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted

cocoa to roll

In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add melted chocolate. Beat until well combined. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Using your fingers, roll the mixture into small balls (about 3/4-inch in diameter). Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of cocoa on a plate and gently roll the candy to coat. Place on a clean plate or cookie sheet and refrigerate for about 30 min. Store in the fridge.

I am attempting to freeze mine, I will let you know in a few weeks how that worked out. Also, these were actually not my favorite things. I am not a huge cream cheese fan, and so I think that is why. Try it out though, you may like it just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment