Saturday, December 12, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Cinnamon and Sugar Almonds

I love making these, they are so easy and they make your house smell wonderful! I have a tried a few recipes for cinnamon and sugar almonds, but this one is the closest (if not exact) to the ones you can buy at those cinnamon almond stands. These are better though because they are cheaper and it makes a lot! My favorite thing to do is eat a few right out of the oven, the outside is hot and the almonds are still a little soft in the middle. Don't get me wrong though, they taste just as amazing cooled off.

I like to buy my almonds in the bulk section at Sunflower Market when they are on sale, but I have heard Costco's almonds are a great deal also!




Cinnamon and Sugar Almonds

1 lb salted roasted almonds (I actually prefer to use raw almonds)
1 egg white
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 c brown sugar
1/4 c sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon

Beat egg white and vanilla until fluffy and mix with almonds. Combine all the dry ingredients and add to almond mixture. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 225 for 1 hour, stir every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment