Monday, December 7, 2009

Zucchini Soup and Homemade Dinner Rolls

For dinner tonight we had The Lion House zucchini Soup and homemade dinner rolls. This was the first time I made this roll recipe from Our Best Bites: World's Best Dinner Rolls. I don't know if they were the world's best, but they were pretty good, and easy to make compared to other roll recipes I have tried.


The Lion House zucchini soup recipe is one my husband and I have made since we were first married. It is a favorite, especially on snowy days. Now that we have three kids, I think I need to start doubling it! It is also a great recipe to use up all that frozen zucchini you have from the summer garden.

The Lion House Zucchini Soup
serves four

3 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 c water
1 tbsp minced onion
1 tsp seasoned salt
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
2 chicken bullion cubes
2 tbsp margarine or butter
2 tbsp flour
1/8 tsp pepper
1 c milk
1/2 c cream

Combine zucchini,water,onion,seasoned salt, parsley, and 1 bouillon cube. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender and most the water has cooked out. In a separate sauce pan, make a white sauce over medium heat with remaining bouillon cube, margarine or butter, flour, pepper, milk and cream. When white sauce has thickened, add to zucchini mixture and heat for about 5 minutes, and serve it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment