Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Kids in the Kitchen

One very important part of food and cooking is getting kids involved! My kids always want to help out in the kitchen, so I try to find things that can do to help out that isn't dangerous or too messy. The other day my oldest son wanted to make a smoothie, and he wanted it to have apples, bananas and oranges in it. I was a little hesitant because I thought that a smoothies with apples in it might taste funny, or have a funny texture. But since he was so excited about it, I decded we would try it out after dinner that night.


You first peel the banana and the orange, cut up the apple and remove the peel. 




Put it all in the blender along with some milk, and mix it all together. Next, you add ice cream and some hot chocolate mix too. Then, Mix it all up!



Drink and enjoy! It was actually really good!

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good mom, I have no patience these days to let the kids help me in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete