We have been hit by the plague at our house, so not a whole lot has been going on this week. One night I just wanted a good basic chicken noodle soup. The first place I went was Foodnetwork.com to see what Alton Brown offered. Of course he had the perfect recipe for chicken noodle soup. It was easy and delicious, and we were all miraculously cured afterward (okay, not really, but it did help us all feel better).
Chicken Noodle Soup
* 4 cups chicken stock, home made or store bought
* 3/4 cup diced onion
* 3/4 cup diced celery
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 2 ounces dried egg noodles, cooked to al dente
* 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves
* 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
* Lemon halves, for serving
Bring stock to boil for 2 minutes in a large, non-reactive stockpot with lid on, over high heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add noodles and cook 5 more minutes. Remove from heat and add herbs and salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with lemon halves and add squeeze of lemon juice if desired.