Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Oatmeal Cinnamon Zucchini Bread

Zucchini Bread is a hit at our house. Last summer we had two out of control zucchini plants, so we used a lot of zucchini. To make it fun, I tried out a lot of different recipes. The oatmeal zucchini bread is one of my favorites, mostly because I feel better eating it since it has oatmeal in it, oh and it tastes good too!

I made these in my new mini loaf pan! I love it because I can freeze them, and pull one loaf out a day for us to eat!


Oatmeal Cinnamon Zucchini Bread
(I apologize, but I cannot remember which site I found this recipe on, so thank you who ever you are!)

3 cups flour
1 cup quick oats
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs
1 cup vegetable oil
2 1/3 cup white sugar
3 tsp vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup cinnamon chips (optional)

Grease and flour 2 8x 4 inch pans (or use mini loaf pans). Preheat oven to 325. Stir together dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, Beat in eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together. Add dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and beat well. Stir in zucchini and cinnamon until well combined. Pour batter in to prepared pans. Bake for 40-60 minutes (more towards the 40 minute for the mini pans). Cool in pan for 20 minutes, then remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment