Monday, June 21, 2010

Alfredo

Lack of blogging excuses:

  • I never really came off "vacation mode" 
  • Is summer so I am outside, not blogging,
  • I am also not cooking because who really wants to hang out inside and cook all day, not me!

This is a recipe we had last month, but somehow it got lost somewhere between May and vacation. Anyway, this is my go to Alfredo recipe. Super simple and super delicious. I like to do some fun additions from time to time, like adding jerk seasoning to the sauce, and topping it with jerk chicken! Whatever you do, it will still be delicious, and very unhealthy.



Alfredo Sauce

1/2 c butter
2/3 c heavy cream
1 1/4 c Parmesan
1/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper
noodles (fettuccine or linguine)

Heat butter and cream until butter melts. let cook for several minutes, continually stirring. Remove from heat and add cheese, salt and pepper, stirring until all combined. Pour on top of noodles!

1 comment: