Monday, July 5, 2010

Chicken and Corn Empanadas

I have been wanting to try these for a long time (since 2004, no lie). I finally got around to making them. They are pretty tasty, and the kids loved them! However, I think I will try them again with a few changes, which I will mention in the body of the recipe.



Chicken and Corn Empanadas

1 minced garlic clove
1 TBSP olive oil
1 cooked and shredded chicken breast (think you could also use ground beef)
1 cup cooked corn
1/2 c golden raisins (which I left out)
2 TBSP chopped cilantro
1 tsp salt
4, 9 inch pre-made pie crusts

Over medium heat, saute garlic in the olive oil about 2 minutes. Next mix in the chicken, corn, raisins, cilantro and salt. Remove from heat and set aside. With a four inch biscuit cutter, cut four rounds from one of the pie crusts and place 2 tbsp of the mixture on each round. Fold over and crimp edges with a fork. Continue with the remaining pie crusts. Bake for 20 minutes at 375.

The dough was a little thick for me, so next time I think I will roll out the dough a little thinner. Also, I am thinking the deep fryer will need to be used. Also, adding some cheese might be good too!

No comments:

Post a Comment