Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Garden Week: Strawberry-Watermelon Slushie

I have also been into fun drinks (non-alcoholic obviously), so when ever I see a recipe for one, I am drawn to it. However, I hardly ever actually make them! So, my new goal is to make these fun drinks and have them with dinner, or for after dinner treats! This on is from ourbestbites.com, and is a perfect way to use up watermelon and strawberries. It actually doesn't take very much of either, but it is definitely the amount you will use!


Strawberry-Watermelon Slushie
from our Best Bites

2 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 pint fresh strawberries, halved (I actually used a little less than a pint.  Maybe 3/4 of it)
1/3 C sugar
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
2-4 C ice cubes

In a blender, combine the watermelon, strawberries, sugar and lemon juice; cover and process on high until smooth. With blender running, gradually add ice cubes until desired consistency is reached.  Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.

Yield: 5-7 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment