Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chile Verde

This is another great family recipe. I am going to give credit to my husbands Aunt for this one, because frankly she deserves the credit! It is a hard recipe to master because there are not exact measurements. You kind of just throw it all together, and add more until it tastes good and looks right. So, I encourage you to branch out, test yourself and try it out! We served it with my favorite Spanish rice recipe from my friend Jamie. It is my favorite because it is the only Spanish rice that I have actually liked, so that's saying a lot!



Chile Verde

Pork Roast, cut up in small pieces
Small can of chopped jalapenos (or use fresh, that way you can control the heat)
Flour
Water
Tomato Sauce
Garlic Powder
Salt
Cumin

Brown pork roast in pan with oil and jalapenos. Sprinkle meat mixture with flour and cook slightly. Add water and stir until thickened. Add small amount of tomato sauce. Add garlic powder,salt and cumin to taste. Serve with flour tortillas, re-fried beans, and Spanish rice

*It should be a bit liquidy, so that you can scoop it up into a tortilla. I struggled making it this time, so the picture isn't good, it isn't liquid enough!

Spanish Rice

1 1/2 c rice
1 tbsp oil
3 c water
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 chicken bullion cubes
1 tbsp dried onion
1 small can tomato sauce

Fry rice in oil until browned. Add remaining ingredients, stir to mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 30 min.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I can never figure out a good Spanish rice recipe. And it's been way too long since I've made chili verde.

    ReplyDelete