Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Asparagus Pasta Salad

I love pasta salad. I also have been intimidated by it... who knows why because most recipes are super easy! In a recent issue of Food Network magazine, they featured several different pasta salad recipes with ingredients were listed, but not the amounts of each ingredient. I like this idea because it allows you to put in a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The ingredients for the pasta salad I chose where: Fusilli, Asparagus, Corn, Sun dried Tomatoes, and Creamy Parmesan Dressing. I will try to guesstimate the amounts I used, but take some time and have fun at making it your own!



Asparagus Pasta Salad

16 oz package of Fussili or other corkscrew pasta
1/2 lb of asparagus (fresh or frozen)
6 oz of corn
8 oz container drained and chopped sun dried tomatoes
1 bottle of creamy Parmesan dressing (which I could not find so I just used a creamy cheese dressing)

Cook pasta in salted water, drain and cool. Meanwhile, broil asparagus brushed with olive oil for 7-10 minutes until crisp. Let asparagus cool, and cut into 1 inch pieces. After pasta has cooled add all ingredients together and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to eat! I also added some grilled chicken to mine to make it more of a meal than a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment