Friday, December 18, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods

I have this friend who is amazing at a lot of things. One thing she is amazing at is dipping things in chocolate. Her kids brought over a neighbor treat the other day, and it was chocolate dipped pretzel rods. They were beautiful and delicious. I felt inadequate to make mine, except I bought all the ingredients so I felt obligated. My goal is to someday dip things in chocolate as well as she does.

At the end I had some left over chocolate. It would have been a travesty to waste it, so I dipped oreos in it. There is nothing better than oreos, and even better, oreos dipped in chocolate.




Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods

One Bag of Pretzel Rods
About 3 cups of melting chocolates
Any type of topping you might like: sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, coconut, crushed nuts, more chocolate to drizzle over the top...

Melt chocolates in microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then microwave in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted. The easiest way to dip is to pour chocolate in to a tall, skinny container. I used a vase and it was perfect. Lay on wax paper or parchment paper. Sprinkle whatever extras over the top and let the chocolate set.




Follow same steps for the oreos!

No comments:

Post a Comment