Sunday, December 20, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Gingerbread White Chocolate Blondies

I failed to mention something when I made my gingerbread cookies. I do not like cloves in any way, shape, or form. When a recipe calls for cloves I usually just use pumpkin pie spice in it's place. So, in my gingerbread cookies and in this recipe, I have replaced to ground cloves with pumpkin pie spice. It makes the flavor a little more subtle. And these are delicious.

Also, I took this recipe from My Kitchen Cafe. In the post the author mentions that the blondies get kind of raggedy on the edges, and then fall in the middle. I messed with the cooking temperature and time a little bit, and it turned our really well. The outside is a little dry, but who likes to eat the edges anyway?




Gingerbread White Chocolate Blondies

2 ¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
1 ¼ teaspoons salt
1 ¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
1 ¼ cups (2 ½ sticks) butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups packed light brown sugar
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 ¼ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
1 ¾ cups white chocolate chips
Nonstick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Prepare a 13x9 baking dish by lining with aluminum foil and then spraying the aluminum foil with cooking spray.

Whisk together flour, soda, salt, and spices in a bowl and set aside.

In the bowl beat butter and sugars on medium-high speed until creamy and pale, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and yolk one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add vanilla and molasses and mix on medium speed until combined.

Add flour mixture on low speed until combined. Stir in white chocolate.

Spread batter evenly into prepared pan and bake until golden around edges and toothpick comes out clean, about 35-40 minutes. Let cool completely in pan; cut into 24 squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment