Tuesday, December 15, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles

My mother-in-law has an awesome recipe for "cool whip balls". I begged her for it, and in all her business she sent it to me. I was so sad when I realized I did not have the ingredients (I am refusing to go to store again this month). But, then I remembered I made a recipe last year that my husband said tasted a lot like cool whip balls. I found it, and I had the right ingredients. These are so much fun to make, and very versatile because you can roll them in anything you want!




Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles or Peanut Butter Cool Whip Balls

1 pkg. (8 squares) Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tub (8 oz) whipped topping, thawed
  • Microwave chocolate in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until chocolate is almost melted, stirring every 30 sec. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
  • Add peanut butter; stir until well blended. Cool to room temperature. Gently stir in whipped topping. Refrigerate 2 hours.
  • Scoop truffle mixture with melon baller or teaspoon, then roll into 1-inch balls. You can then roll in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, coconut, crushed nuts, finely chopped white, milk, or semisweet chocolate, mini chocolate chips, finely chopped cookie...
  • Store in refrigerator or freezer 

No comments:

Post a Comment