Wednesday, December 2, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a recipe adapted from a few different recipes. Growing up, my mom would make these excellent white chocolate chip cranberry cookies every Christmas. She would just buy craisins, white chocolate chips and refrigerated sugar cookie dough, then squish it all together. I love this cookies, and they are so simple to make!

But then I found this recipe on Dinners Ready for white chocolate chip cookies. Even if you don't like white chocolate chips, I am pretty sure you would like these. So, the idea came to me, I should do my mom's recipe with the dough from the white chocolate chip cookies. Even better, I found orange flavored cranberries at Sunflower Market to mix in them. They are amazing.




(Orange flavored) Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
2 ¾ C flour
3/4 C butter or margarine, softened
3/4 C brown sugar
1 C sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
2 C white chocolate chips
1 cup craisins (orange flavored if you can find it)

Sift flour, baking soda, and salt. Cream together butter, brown sugar, white sugar, vanilla, and eggs, then add to dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in white chocolate chips and craisins. Form into balls and place 2 in apart on ungreased sheet or baking stone. Bake at 350 for 12 min or until just starting to brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment