Tuesday, December 8, 2009

25 Days of Treats: Hopscotch

I am in big trouble. I have purposely never asked for this recipe from my mother-in-law for a reason. Here is the story:

I was 7 months pregnant with my first child, and we were spending Christmas with my in-laws. My mother-in-law always has lots of good treats at her house during the holidays, but I didn't care, I was pregnant! So, for some reason there were treats stashed away in the laundry room, I am assuming they were there so he counter wasn't filled up with treats and goodies all day. Anyway, I found the hopscotch, and anytime I felt the need, I went into the laundry room and ate one. Well, near the end of our stay, someone asked where the hopscotch was, and I was like, "oh in laundry room, didn't everyone know that?" Silence... "Am I the only one whose been eating them?" More silence.... then laughter! I ate almost all the hopscotch by myself. Now that I think about it, I don't remember my in-laws having any hopscotch any other time I have been in there in the past 6 years... I wonder if they hide it from me?

Finally I have the recipe, now I need to not eat them all. Not only do these ooey gooey treats taste great, they are super easy to make! This recipe has been handed down from my husbands grandmother, and one that I will be sure to pass along to my grandkids someday!



Hopscotch
1 cup butterscotch morsels
½ c. peanut butter
2 cups chow mien noodles
2 c. mini marshmallows

Melt peanut butter and butterscotch morsels in a double boiler, (or in the microwave).
Stir until blended. Add noodles & marshmallows until coated. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto
waxed paper lined cookie sheet. Chill until firm.



1 comment:

  1. When you asked for this recipe, Kyle immediately asked me to make sure we had some this year. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete