Saturday, January 2, 2010

Resturaunt Review: Center Street Grill Logan, Ut

Center Street Grill
Corner of Main and Center Street
Logan, Utah

My husband and I were visiting family in Logan, UT this week. It happened to fall on our anniversary so we were able to sneak out of the house and get some lunch. Since the restaurant we wanted to go to was closed, we decided to hit up the Center Street Grill. We had eaten there before, and were impressed by their selection of hamburgers, sandwiches, salads, wraps and shakes.

This time around I got the Spicy Jalapeno Burger while my husband got the Steakhouse Burger. The prices for the burgers are a little high (around $8), but they do include fries. The fries remind me a little of McDonalds fries, except more fresh tasting. They were pretty good, and so was their housemade fry sauce.

The hamburgers were good, but not excellent. Both my husband and I had to add some salt, which greatly enhanced the flavor. The meat was high quality and great tasting, just not favored well. I ordered my jalapeno burger without pineapple, and it was just the right amount of spicy. However, it seemed to be missing some kind of sauce (maybe it was missing the pineapple?). I actually prefer the Jalapeno six dollar burger at Carl's Jr.  My husband hamburger was similar. Although the meat was excellent, it seemed to be missing something. The texas toast used as the bun was actually my favorite part of his hamburger.

The absolute best thing about Center Street Grill is their drink station. They have every flavor or Pepsi products (including Apple Beer!), along with several different flavorings. I first had Diet Dr. Pepper with vanilla mixed in (my absolute favorite). Then I tried Diet Pepsi with raspberry which was also really good.

Overall we enjoyed our food. We felt like we do make better hamburgers and fries at home, but I think with a little tweaking (or maybe a different cook) their hamburgers could be excellent because the meat they use is such high quality! I would go back just for the drink station though.

No comments:

Post a Comment