Friday, January 29, 2010

Crepes

Sorry, no fun story or commentary about this recipe, other then I finally made them well, and I forgot to take a picture! This is another recipe from my mother-in-law, so of course it is good.

Crepes

1 1/2 c flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c milk
1 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp margarine, melted

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients and beat until smooth. Fro each crepe, lightly butter an 8 inch skillet over medium heat until butter is bubbly (if you are using a non-stick then the butter isn't really needed). Pour about a 1/4 c of batter into the skillet, immediately rotate pan until batter covers the bottom. Cook until light brown, flip and brown the other side.  repeat until batter is gone!

You can fill crepes with anything. We like to do fruit crepes, like banana, peaches, strawberries or blackberries, topped with whipped cream. You can do savory crepes with eggs and cheese, or you can even get super fancy and be creative!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, I love crepes a lot so it's kinda weird that I've never made them myself before. One of my favorite restaurants in San Francisco was this little place on Haight St called Squat and Gobble and they had almost any kind of crepe that you could possibly think of. It's awesome, lol.

    ReplyDelete