Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Samburgers

I love hamburgers and I am always looking for different ways to make them. Tonight I tried a recipe from Our Best Bites for Samburgers. I am not sure where the name comes from, but they are basically hamburgers with a bunch of stuff mixed in the meat.  They were pretty good, but I am not a fan of A-1 sauce and I felt like it over powered the taste of the actual meat. These were fun to make, but I think this will be a one time recipe for me.

* Food tip: When making hamburgers, grab a circle cookie cutter that matches size of the patties you are wanting to make. Pack the meat into the cookie cutter and you will have perfectly shaped and compacted patties. This way, the patties don't fall apart when you cook them. Also, touch the burger as little as possible, as in, flip it only once if you can. The more you flip, the more juices come out, and the more likely it will fall apart!

Samburgers from Our Best Bites

1 ¼ lb. ground beef
3 Tbsp. A1 sauce
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
½ tsp. Kosher salt
¼ tsp. pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
¾ tsp. dry oregano
1 Tbsp. dehydrated onion

Combine ingredients.  Shape meat into patties. If you want big burgers shape into 4 patties, 6 for smaller patties. Grill for about 7 minutes on each side over medium (or until they're as non-pink as you want them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment