Crabby Crab Cakes
- 1 lb fresh lump crabmeat (I used 3 cans of canned crab)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour, more for dredging
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- lemon wedge
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground
Cook, rotating cakes in pan as necessary to brown first side, 5 to 8 minutes. Turn and brown other side (it will take slightly less time). Serve hot, with lemon wedges.
I doubled this recipe and it worked great!
I served this with a dip made from mayo, mixed with a little bit of ketchup and Sriracha. You can find sriracha on the Asian food aisle. It is very spicy, but gives a lot of flavor.