Friday, February 5, 2010

Slow Cooker Chili

This is one of the recipes from my church cook book. This was submitted by one of my friends who shares my passion for good deals and good food, so I knew this recipe would be awesome. I have been wanting a good chili recipe, and now I have it! Plus it is done in a slow cooker, so you can let it cook all day while it fills your house with yummy smells. The best part is that is made a lot, so half of it is now sitting in my freezer! Thanks Kim!

Slow Cooker Chili

1 lb ground beef
1 green pepper. chopped
1 red onion, diced
1 4 oz can green chilis
1 15 oz cans kidney beans, rinsed, drained
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbsp chili powder
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp caeyenne
1 14.5 oz can diced tomoatoes
1 14.5 cans tomato soup
1 c tomato juice (I didn't have tomato juice so did I another 1/2 can of tomato soup)
1/2 c brown sugar (I am really sensitive to sweet, so next time I think I will use a 1/4 c)
1 can black beans (optional but I would highly reccomend)
1 c frozen corn

Brown the ground beef in a pan, drain and then add to the crock pot. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or cook on high for 3-4. You can also do this vegetarian style!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it! Incidentally the original recipe called for 1 cup of brown sugar- THAT was WAY too much :)

    ReplyDelete