Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things I learned from Food Network Magazine

I absolutely love The Food Network magazine. I learn so many random things from it, that I thought I would share some of what I have learned with you! I just received my March issue today, and I am having so much fun reading through it. Here is what I have learned

  • In order for your chicken not to dry out when you fry it, make sure the chicken is at room temperature (about 75 degrees) before cooking. This way it will cook more evenly. Use a meat thermometer to measure the temperature, and don't leave it out too long!
  • Dubai has begun to import their chocolates to the US. What makes Dubai's chocolates different? It is made with camel milk. It tastes identical to cow's milk chocolate, with a slightly salty after taste. Yum?
  • You can buy candles made from bacon grease. You light it up and let the fat drip onto dishes to flavor them. I wonder if you just let it burn if your house would smell like freshly cooked bacon?

1 comment:

  1. Camel milk chocolate and bacon candles...what would I do without you in my life, Brittney!?

    ReplyDelete