Sunday, April 11, 2010

Using Up Leftover Candy: Peanut Butter Oven Smore's

We have a lot of Easter candy, and this is pretty typical for all the candy holidays at our house. I usually buy way too much, but the problem is we aren't big candy eaters. Sometimes the best way to get rid of it, is make more treats! Make sense to you? Me either, but is is fun!

These are so good, I don't even need to explain anything. Sometimes I believe I am a food genius.



Peanut Butter Oven Smore's

Graham crackers
Marshmallows
Reece's Peanut Butter eggs (they are like peanut butter cups, but in the shape of an egg, they also have these at Halloween and Christmas, in different shapes obviously)

Set oven to Broil (I learned this trick from my best friend, doing smore's in the oven). Take 1 sheet of graham cracker, and break in half. Assemble smore using one half of the graham cracker on bottom, then the chocolate egg, and lastly balance two marshmallows on top of that. Stick in the oven and watch until marshmallows are browned. Remove baking sheet and top with another graham cracker. Delicious!

My husband bought me a giant version of the Reece's egg (like half pound size). We were just joking that I should make a monster smore with it. Cut it in half and stuff it with marshmallows and then bake it, mah haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment