Saturday, September 4, 2010

Possibly the Worst Meal Ever 2 and Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue

I found this great recipe for cheese fondue without a fondue pot! Everything was going great, and the cheese was an awesome consistency. I had bread, veggies, chips, pretzels and meat to dip.

As soon as I poured the cheese into individual ramekins, the oil and cheese sperated and made a giant inedible lump.

Trent and I attempted to pull pieces off to put on the bread and other things, but it was just not happening. The kids didn't even notice the cheese, and just assumed we were having finger foods for dinner and they loved it!



Now I know, do not make cheese fondue without a fondue pot.

My saving grace was the dessert fondue I made to go with it...and it did just fine without the fondue pot!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue
from Dinner's Ready

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup peanut butter

Combine everything in a pot and cook on low heat, stirring until it is smooth. Then, it is ready to serve, or move to a fondue pot to keep it warm. It tastes great served with strawberries, bananas, pretzels and marshmallows.

No comments:

Post a Comment