Friday, January 1, 2010

Indonesian Rice

This is a fun recipe my husband introduced to me, and is now a staple in our dinner rotation. This recipe comes from my husbands aunt who was actually Indonesian. This recipe is the epitome of comfort food: rich, warm, and delicious.  Do not be scared of the fried egg on top. I was, until my husband forced me to try it, and now I love it.

Indonesian Rice

1/2 lb bacon
1/2 lb hamburger
4 servings of white rice
2 diced onions
1 tsp galic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp bouillion
1 c diced green onions

Cook rice per package directions. Cook bacon in frying pan until well done, then crumble and set aside, reserving frying pan and bacon fat to cook fried eggs. Cook ground beef in a separate large frying pan with onion, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and bullion. When meat is completely cooked add rice and green onions  and mix together. Let cook for about 3-5 min so all the flavors mix together. Meanwhile cook fried eggs (one per person) in the bacon frying pan. The best way is to cook the eggs so the yolks are still runny. When fried eggs are done serve rice and top with fried egg. Cut up the egg into the rice and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment