For dinner tonight we had ham and cheese turnovers. I have made these before, but I had forgotten how much I liked them. I did not feel like defrosting the ham lunch meat we have in the freezer, so I used turkey instead and it was very good. For the dough I used the leftover dough from this, but you could also use this dough recipe too. You could go the easy route and use Pillsbury crescent rolls, but I highly recommended you avoid that.
Ham and Cheese Turnovers
- 1 1-pound package refrigerated pizza dough
- 8 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow onion, cut into thin rings
- Heat oven to 400° F. Roll the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle and cut into 8 triangles.
- Stack a piece of the ham, cheese, and onion on the bottom of each triangle and roll the dough up around the filling. (Some of the filling will stick out the ends.)
- Transfer the rolls to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.