Monday, February 22, 2010

Ham and Cheese Turnovers

So sorry for the lack of posts! My parents came into town last week, so I stacked my posts to publish each day, but unfortunately I ran out of posts by Thursday. I am just now getting back to blogging (and cooking for that matter).

For dinner tonight we had ham and cheese turnovers. I have made these before, but I had forgotten how much I liked them. I did not feel like defrosting the ham lunch meat we have in the freezer, so I used turkey instead and it was very good. For the dough I used the leftover dough from this, but you could also use this dough recipe too. You could go the easy route and use Pillsbury crescent rolls, but I highly recommended you avoid that.



Ham and Cheese Turnovers

  • 1 1-pound package refrigerated pizza dough
  • 8 ounces deli ham, thinly sliced
  • 4 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
  • 1/2 yellow onion, cut into thin rings
  1. Heat oven to 400° F. Roll the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle and cut into 8 triangles.
  2. Stack a piece of the ham, cheese, and onion on the bottom of each triangle and roll the dough up around the filling. (Some of the filling will stick out the ends.)
  3. Transfer the rolls to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment