Saturday, October 23, 2010

Restaurant Reviews

I am a little behind on these, so I am just going to list them all, which a short description about each place.


Tony Caputos
314 West 300 South
Salt Lake City

Great Italian Restaurant, Deli, and Market. You would not think much by it's location, but it is awesome. It is located just north of Pioneer Park (yes the scary one). The atmosphere is fun, yet classy. White table cloths,  fancy dishes, high class waiters. The food is excellent, they have typical Italian dishes of fish or pasta, and then a great sandwich/ deli menu. Trent and I ordered their antipasto platter. The sausages and pepperoni were some of the best I have ever had. Trent and I also both agree our sandwiches were also the best we have ever had. Trent's sandwich had this roasted red pepper spread on it, which we ended up buying a container of because it was so good. My most favorite part it the market attached to the restaurant. It is filled with all kinds of Italian and European treats and delicacies, including a full meat and cheese counter. I could have spent hours in there! This is also where we bought the red pepper spread.

Right next to Caputos is a small little Belgium Fry hut. Try not to fill up too much when you go to Caputos, because you need to stop by and get an order of Belgium fries, and try out one of their many flavored mayos!


Settebello
Salt Lake City
260 South 200 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Phone: 801.322.3556  |  Fax: 801.322.3557

Awesome Pizzeria. Actually, it is the best pizza I have ever tasted. We are huge fans of Pizzeria 712, but I have to say, Settebello's is better. However, while Settebellos is mainly a Pizzeria, they have some sides or appetizers you can get. These are not as good, in fact Pizzeria 712 kicks them out of the park in that area. My husband and I have been here a few times, and have tried different pizzas each time. So far we have liked them all. It is the traditional wood fire pizza, with a thin crust and crusty bottom. However, Settebello's still manages to make their crust nice and chewy too! Oh, and don't forget to order some gelato when you are done!

Oh, and they have a Vegas location too!

Subzero Ice Cream
2000 West State    
801- 701-0606
Pleasant Grove , Utah
(several locations around Utah and out of state too!)

My new favorite ice cream place. They use liquid nitrogen to turn cream and flavorings into ice cream! You pick the amount of cream you want (premium, custard, or even soy!) Because of this, they have some really awesome flavors. There is the normal ones like mint, strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, but then they also have flavors like honey, lime, peanut butter, and soda flavors Dr. Pepper, Pepsi and Mountain Dew! Like cold stone, you get to pick mix ins also. I love it.

Cocoa bean Cupcake Cafe
1774 North University Parkway
Provo, Ut
(with locations in Idaho too)


I am really not a fan of the "trendy" places, like all the new smoothie, frozen yogurt, and cupcake places that have just opened. However, I love the Cocoa bean and Cupcake Cafe. Not only are their cupcake delicious and creative, they have the coolest drinks ever. I am not a coffee drinker, but I love the idea of coffee drinks. The Cocoa Bean gives me this. They use a roasted cocoa bean  (as opposed to a coffee bean) to make their drinks. So you can get anything from frappes, to blended drinks, to steamers, to hot chocolate sans coffee! And there is a deal where you can get a drink and a cupcake for $5. Love it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh...someday when I have money...yum! Hey, what was the name of that place that makes all the different crazy flavors of hot chocolate - you brought me one to try when I babysat? Was it the Cocoa Bean? I wanted to go there this winter and check it out in person.

    ReplyDelete